Friday, February 4, 2011

So Far So Good

Let's catch up. Radation is done and it was NOT fun. They literally burn you from the inside out. I have discolored skin on my whole "left" side if you get my drift. They first few times were cake and I assumed that was all it would be. Nope. You get basically an inside out sun burn. My skin peeled off in huge chunks under my arm. I am improving which is a blessing. I was finished on January 14th. They were super cute and gave me a "Certificate" and of course I got to ring another bell. I am going back for my first follow up on February 16th. The day after my Birthday. I am sure it will all be fine. It's kind of weird but I just "Feel" that I will be O.K.
Last weekend I took a much needed break and went down to St. George for a few days. Super fun. I haven't been down since about August. They weather was superb and I felt great the whole time. I am still having some issues with my muscles in my legs and hip problems but they seem to be getting better slowly. I lost all the weight from the Chemo which I am very excited about. I am doing a "Biggest Loser" at work and hoping to win some money when I lose about 25 lbs. We are planning a super fun 21 Birthday in Vegas for Jessica so it would be fun to be "Cute" and Wealthy. hahahahaha
Still debating on the "Re-Construction". Don't know if I really need it or just "Want" it. I guess the biggest thing is the recovery period. It just seems like I am just getting "Well" and then I have to start all over. I guess I will make an appt with the Surgeon and just see what he suggests. I like that they take the Belly fat and "Move it up" rather than use Silicone or any other "Fake" stuff. Plus I get a tummy tuck out of the bargain. Yay me.
My Hair is growing back and my eyelashes are back in, that's a big plus. Only bad thing is the leg and underarm hair came back too. Back to shaving I guess. Well at least on the right side. I guess from now on I shouldn't get any hair in my left "Pit" and no sweat either. Coolness. Planning my new tattoo in May. I am doing the Breast Cancer Butterfly on my ankle with pink ribbons on my feet. I think it will look amazing.
Well, that's it for now. Peace out kidlets.

No comments:

Post a Comment