Sunday, December 5, 2010

Long Road

I have been a bit lax with not much to say but the same ole thing. Well I started my Radiation therapy on Thursday. It's a bit weird. You don't feel anything. It's like laying on a bed and getting an X-Ray. So far I haven't felt any different. Small twingy pains but they don't last. I hope that is a good sign. I have what my Dr. is calling Lithargia. Basically that means that my muscles have no strength whatsoever. My body works so hard just to do anything. I feel like I am getting a bit better but then when I went to the Radiation Oncologist he said that the Radiation will end up "Prolonging" how I feel now. I guess I won't be surprised if I don't get better before February. They gave me a few stretching exercises I can do to help with the Muscle weakness. It does seem to help but I still get tired really easily. I am going to do my best to enjoy my Christmas. I have 20 days so even if I have to do a little each day I will get it done. Most of the shopping is done and Adam and Austin are going to help with the Tree. It will all work out. I am getting a bit of "Peach fuzz" hair. It's kind of funny. I have a few long curly hairs around the sides of my face. Very odd. Too bad the top of my scalp doesn't grow like that. Still not Leg hairs (I am fine with that). One positive not of the Radiation, I won't have any underarm hair. It kills them off and they usually don't grow back. I guess I am going to save tons on Razors and Shampoo in the next few months. hahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment